Seattle’s Mystery Parade Pt. 1

May 22nd, 2008 @ 12:32 am by Cliffe | Sorted Photo Exposure |
During a trip to my local paper shop I recently came across this set of old photographs from a Seattle parade taken some years ago.
nolvadex prescription
antibiotics online from us pharmacies
medicine pills drugs antibiotics types
I really don’t have any information on them — who took them, what year, etc. Perhaps we can piece a few details together. What buildings do you recognize? Any car/motorcycle experts in the house who can give us some
intel on the motorbikes
cheap prescription zithromax
? There are seven photos, so hopefully we can agree with more certainty than last week’s bird’s eye. Click on each for a closer look.
nolvadex steroids
buy diflucan where
parade_set_01_01.jpg
Seattle parade. Date unknown.
parade_set_01_02.jpg
Seattle parade. Date unknown.
parade_set_01_03.jpg
Seattle parade. Date unknown.
parade_set_01_04.jpg
Seattle parade. Date unknown.
parade_set_01_05.jpg
Seattle parade. Date unknown.
parade_set_01_06.jpg
Seattle parade. Date unknown.
parade_set_01_07.jpg
Seattle parade. Date unknown.

20 Responses to “Seattle’s Mystery Parade Pt. 1”

1. scott says:

The man with the hat in the first picture is standing in the intersection at 4th & Lenora.

2. didi says:

What is it with mystery parades? I have another one I need to post on my blog in addition to a couple I have posted in the past. Everytime I go to the antique shop I always see tons of photos of mystery parades and I always wonder where they come from. I see Seattle is not a stranger to them either.

3. chainsaw riggins says:

The motorcycles are Harley Davidsons with the Panhead engine (took some contrast adjustment to see it). This engine was produced from 1948 to 1965.

That should narrow it down slightly.

4. Bradford says:

In the far left edge of the last photo is a nice Hudson Wasp (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson_Wasp) produced from 1951-1954.

5. Cliffe says:

In the 6th photo I spy the Times Square Building. Looks to be the back of the building, so this must be 4th and Stewart/Olive.

Google Maps Link

Cliffe

6. Alex Porter says:

The parade is on 4th avenue near Virginia.

The main building in the first photo says “Claremont Hotel”. I searched for that and found the address:

Then I looked near that address and you can see the build and its shorter neighbor to the north in this birds eye view (compare the windows in the shorter building to those in this birds eye view):

The building is currently the Hotel Andra built in 1926 according to its website:

I’ll keep digging…this is fun detective work ;)

Alex Porter

7. Bradford says:

Me again- 2nd photo down there is a sign in the window, “Memorial Day May 30th”. So there you go- Memorial Weekend Parade most likely. Interesting that this is posted so close to Memorial Day now.

8. Cliffe says:

Completely intentional. Ok, maybe not. Nice eagle eyes.

Cliffe

9. Bradford says:

One more thing to add. The sign is in the window of “Chas. E Sullivan”, a flower store that apparently still has a location today in Bellevue.

10. Bill J says:

The only year during the 50′s when Memorial Day was on the 30th is 1955.

11. Alex Porter says:

Sweet…what a coincidence about posting this right before Memorial day. Nice detective work everyone & happy Memorial Day!

12. John Coombs says:

The 1st group of bike riders were the Cossacks a motorcycle drill team.

13. Vicki Kerr says:

Can you help? I was talking to my dad tonight. He’s a Korean War Veteran and was speaking about when he came home from Korea. He said that before he could actually go home they had to wait in Seattle because there was a ticker parade they had to be in. He said he really wished he could find some pictures or something. He gave a date of May 05, 1951. In the second set of pictures that were posted I saw soldiers. Do you have any info or can you steer me in the right direction. This may be the one and only thing that I will ever be able to do for my dad.

14. Thank you for producing the powerful, dependable, educational and as well as easy tips about your topic.

15. I was curious if you ever considered changing the layout of your
    blog? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
    But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it
    better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or 2 pictures.
    Maybe you could space it out better?

16. To actually take the first step is usually to attain the goal of simplifying both online and offline
    business to start building their contact list. Thus far, Twitter and search engines.
    Some will want to go to free traffic route doing search engine
    optimization. It is an average, such as affiliate marketing you can do before your company’s attacked. Search Engine OptimizationOnce a buyer has identified a solution, he or she was not” the one” to set your heart on fire? It is also a great way to send people to your site.

my website – ims media marketing (designlikecandy.blogspot.co.uk)

17. It follows that anyone shopping for purses should have some idea of what she is looking for

18. Obviously high resolution videotape quality carries much memory, that Seattle’s Mystery Parade Pt. 1 « Vintage Seattle — A High-Res Blog Visualizing Seattle’s Past why it gives improved quality.