Rendering The Rainier Club 1928
May 6th, 2011 @ 12:10 am by Cliffe | Sorted Historic Buildings |
Seattle’s Rainier Club, built in 1904, is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Below find Bebb & Gould’s 1928 architectural rendering of a new wing addition that was completed in 1929.
Click for the high res image.
Architectural drawing of alterations & additions for the Rainier Club. Architect: Bebb & Gould, 1928. The Rainier Club was founded by Judge Thomas Burke, E.M. Carr, and W.A. Peters as a social club and boarding house for men in 1888. The current building was erected in the early 1900′s. It was designed by Spokane-based architects Kirtland K. Cutter and Karl G. Malmgren in the Jacobean-style and modeled after Aston Hall in Birmingham, England.
Beginning in 1919, architect Carl F. Gould designed several additions to the club, including a complementary south wing and a new entrance in 1929.
Image courtesy U.W. University Libraries Digital Collection.