Seattle Home, Date Unknown

March 29th, 2012 @ 12:11 am by Cliffe | Sorted Photo Exposure |
Click A Seattle home on postcard. Can anyone locate it? Date unknown.

22 Responses to “Seattle Home, Date Unknown”

1. Rick - says:

Looks like it was half of a “development” – reverse image version to the right – great triple dormer!

2. John says:

Ok, I have to ask.

Did you two know the house by looking at it, or did you discover it by searching? Because, honestly, I clicked through expecting to see about a mile of debate and was shocked to see a ‘thunk. here ya go’ answer. =D

3. LC3 says:

So the site isn’t dead!

4. wafflesnfalafel says:

Interesting – they added the garage sometime after it was built, (which I supposed would make sense given the build date.) Beautiful house.

5. allen says:

I’m also curious to know how this was figured out so quickly.

6. Shannon C. says:

I’m a few days late to this party, but I knew immediately since I live one block away!

7. Shannon C. says:

Also, there are a lot of houses in this part of Capitol Hill that have that 3-pyramid style roof. I assume they were all designed by the same architect?

8. Jeff says:

I’m impressed! I collect vintage Seattle postcards on eBay and when come across pictures of houses I often wish I could figure out where the house was/is.

9. pip says:

What a shame so much of the original detailing was lost between when the assessors office photo was taken and when the street views were taken in 2008.

Maybe they had to make repairs and couldn’t afford to replicate the original details? Or maybe they made the changes because they liked it better this way.

Oh well. That’s how it goes, I guess.

Maybe putting this picture online will help someone restore the exterior someday. Or maybe not. But thanks for sharing so we can see what it used to look like.

p.s. is there a way to have current photos posted here so we can see what it looks like now? Hopefully no more details have been lost, but…

10. jj says:

Sorry it took me a few days to get back to you.

I tried to search based on the house number, but soon got stuck trying to find a good search engine. Eventually I thought of another forum that might be of some help, so I posted it there and someone found it using the King County website.

Another example of a good use for crowd sourcing :)

11. Debra says:

2 groups on Facebook-”Hillers” and “I Grew Up on Capitol Hill” made up of hill veterans would be a good source

12. Definitely believe that whіch you said.
    Your favorite reason seemed to be on the intегnet the easieѕt thing to be aware of.

І say to you, I definitely get annoуеԁ ωhile pеople consider worriеs that thеу just dο not κnow аbout.
    You manаged to hіt the nail upоn the top as well aѕ defined out the wholе
    thіng withοut having side-effectѕ
    , pеople can take a ѕignаl. Will likely be back to get
    more. Thanks

13. Slovak Translator says:

I agree, this is an awsome house. http://www.slovak-translator.com

14. certainly like your web-site but you have to test the spelling on several of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I to find it very troublesome to tell the truth nevertheless I’ll surely come again again.

15. ??? says:

Great info and interestingly written. Keep up the superb stuff!

16. Lori says:

623 18th Ave E on Capitol Hill. SW corner of 18th and Roy.

17. 9999 The get the job done you have completed has gotten you this much. These station replica purses are frequently the clone with the authentic amazing channel totes.
    red bottom discount shoes http://www.highlandspta.org/discount-red-bottom-shoes-c-8.html

18. 9999 The do the trick you’ve got undertaken has gotten you this considerably. These station reproduction purses are often the clone for your authentic attractive channel totes.
    cheap nba jerseys http://www.makingmillionairesonline.com/cheap-nba-jerseys-c-11.html

19. 999 Virtually every pro photographer is familiar with how significant this is often. Ladron se la folla mientras duerme, If that assist fails, then the responsibility rests, louis vuitton trunk antique not by yourself upon the Armenians, louis vuitton damier ebene but to a tremendous degree on people nations..
    quartz necklaces http://rockrosequartz.tumblr.com/

20. nice house and is I like style i wish have one cartier love bracelet imitation cartier love bracelet